Friday 9 March 2012

Games production - My pitch evaluation

Hello again gentlefolk
It seems to have been along time since I updated this thing. Even now I suppose that I am only doing this because its required for my course, but lets get on with it regardless.

This Thursday I had to give a pitch presentation on my current progress on the games production and my particular job roles progress. In this project I am a both an artist and an animator, producing assets and then giving them movement for the game.
So far, My work has been purely conceptual, producing concept sketch's that showcase how the various enemies will look, act and move. I have also designs a "Base" system for the humanoids that will allow for easy animation and creation of human variants such as different types of bandit.

To showcase this to a potential investor, I created a few slides and prepared a few key cards that would help me talk about the systems I had designed and visuals I would be creating for the game. I included several points about my job such as why I had chosen to make so many different bandits and how I was designing each creature to be unique. I also included a variety of examples of my concept sketch's that showcased humans and creatures alike, fully annotated and drawn with multiple poses. This allows the potential investor to get a good insight into my design process and how the final assets might look.

I also talked about how the animation system would work and how it would allow us to create custom animations for each character relatively quickly and precisely. I showed some quick storyboards that showcased movement and body styles. This allows the potential investor to see how I will be producing the animations and why the system I have created will work.

When it came down to my own performance, I believe that I presented myself rather clearly with only a few moments where I stuttered and had trouble conveying clear points. Whilst I had brought a blazer to the pitch to help with my professional appearance, a good Friend and team member has spilt paint on themselves so I lent it to them to cover the paint. This mildly impacted my appearance and could of had an effect on the way the investor perceives me.
Regardless of this, I still believe that I manged to perform acceptably and convey the important points quickly and concisely. The only major problem I had was that I began to talk about my methodology too heavily in the second part of my presentation. Whilst my methodology is important, it is not the kind of thing that Potential investor needs or wants to know, as it does not showcase results or planed results.

I believe that my section of the pitch went quite satisfactory and showcased all that it needed to with clarity.
Thank you for reading through this fellow gentlefolk, and have a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment