Thursday 31 May 2012

Games design - Final Entry

With this week comes the end of my work on this project. This week I gave the game to various play testers to see their reactions and thoughts on the game whilst I worked on the final art work.

Whilst the game was being tested, I took every temporary asset in the game and replaced them will full graphics that fit the visual design I laid out for myself in my concept sketches. The ship and enemy's all have shading and animated parts to make them feel less static and a their are a variety of animations to ensure that the graphics do not feel flat and interactive.

From the testing, I received a number of points that I have managed to fix such as the missile explosions being to small to warrant use of the powerup or the invincibility frames taking too long and forcing the player into disadvantageous positions. Using these, I have managed to tune my game up much stronger than it would be without testing. There are still a few wayward bugs that I hope to crush before final release, but I do believe the game is about as ready as It needs to be.

 I am quite happy with the progress and I believe the game meet its needs quite well.
Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment